This past February I went to the Washington Conference elders’ retreat. Three people in our small group knew me; one person did not. The woman who didn’t know me leaned over and said in amazement, “Did anyone ever tell you that you look almost exactly like Cindy Tutsch?”
—CINDY TUTSCH (from her Facebook page), Tacoma, WASHINGTON
People are sometimes like butterflies that flit in and out of one’s life, leaving spots of beauty behind. One of those moments happened to us a few years ago. Antoine, a former student of ours from Adelphian Academy in the mid-1960s, read about our fiftieth wedding anniversary in the December 2010 Lake Union Herald. He took the time and trouble to search out our telephone number and call us, from his home in Alabama, to congratulate us.
The glow from that simple act lasted for many days!
—CHUCK AND JANET SCHLUNT, TERRE HAUTE, INDIANA
“God’s undiluted love for us does not depend on who we are, what we have done, the color of our skin, or our achievements. His unconditional love stands taller than humans’ conditional and seasonal love.”
—FRANCIS TUFFOUR, DALLAS, TEXAS
The Northern Asia-Pacific Division (NSD) is the largest division in the world by population. About one fourth of the world’s population—roughly 1.5 billion—live in this region. About 3 percent of them are Christian. The other 97 percent are Buddhists, Shintoists, Muslims, shamans, and atheists. Sahmyook University in metropolitan Seoul, South Korea, has more than 5,700 students, making it one of the top five universities in the denomination by enrollment.
Each year NSD receives the most volunteers of any division. In 2012 it received 538 volunteers. Most of them served at South Korea’s SDA Language Institute.
—INFORMATION GATHERED FROM WWW.ADVENTIST.ORG/WORLD-CHURCH/
Have a prayer need? Have a few free minutes? Each Wednesday morning at 8:15 EDT the Adventist Review staff meets to pray for people—children, parents, friends, coworkers. Send your prayer requests and, if possible, pray with us on Wednesday mornings. Send requests to: Let’s Pray, Adventist Review, 12501 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, MD 20904-6600; fax: 301-680-6638; e-mail: [email protected]